Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Identifier: MG Nwk Kukla-(Main)
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the collected papers of Barbara J. Kukla, who has worked in Newark for over fifty years as an author and reporter. These materials were collected by Barbara, both through her work and for personal interest. Some of the significant topics represented in these files are: music, theater, poetry, fine arts, books, African-American heritage and history, African-American life, women’s issues, women’s history, public schools, charter schools, universities, colleges,...
Identifier: MG Heningburg-(Main)
Overview This collection consists of documents pertaining to Gus Heningburg, a Newark , NJ, based civil rights and community activist, and former head of the Greater Newark Urban Coalition.
Identifier: MG Nwk Elections-(Main)
Overview The collection consists of miscellaneous materials relating to Newark municipal elections, and to Newark involvement in state and national elections.
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MG Nwk Mayors-(Main)
Scope and Contents Thomas L. Raymond (flyer)Hugh J. Addonizio: campaign flyers, pamphlets, handbills, correspondence between Hugh J. Addonizio and Paul Gaetano Cavicchia (1965-70).Ralph A. Villani: Exhibit, NPL, Nov. 14, 1985; removal from position as judge, brief before the NJ Supreme Court, 1934.Sharpe James: autographed invitation to 1986 Inaugural Ball, programs (2) for 1998 inauguration, programs for State of the City Address (2000 and 2001), text of State of the City...
Identifier: MG Nwk Goldstein-(Offsite)
Overview The collection covers the first few terms of the Sharpe James mayoralty, 1986-2002. Pamela E. Goldstein was the press spokeswoman for Mayor James.
- Names: James, Sharpe, 1936- X
- Newark (N.J.) -- History -- 20th century 4
- African Americans -- New Jersey -- Newark 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Photographs 3
- Politicians -- New Jersey -- Newark 3
- Fliers (printed matter) 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Papers (documents) 2
- Arts -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Churches -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Civil rights -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Education -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Elections -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Gospel music -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Jazz -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Mayors -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Music -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Newark (N.J.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Newark (N.J.) -- History -- 21st century 1
- Newark (N.J.) -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Press releases 1
- Programs (documents) 1
- Religion -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Reports 1
- Social action -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Women -- New Jersey -- Newark 1 ∧ less