Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MG Mark -(Offsite)
Scope and Contents The collection consists of documents, correspondence, clippings, and reports related to Alexander Mark's public service. It is especially rich in material that documents the history of the Mayor's Commission on Human Relations from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, and the unfolding history of race relations, urban renewal, and civil rights controversies in the city during the Carlin and Addonizio administrations.Box 1: contains 5 files of material on the Mayor's Commission on Human...
Identifier: MG Anthony-(Main)
Overview This collection consists of the administrative records and correspondence of Daniel S. Anthony pertaining to his work with the U.S. Department of War, the Muncie Community Discussion Council, and the Newark Human Rights Commission.
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MG NWK HRC-(Main)
Scope and Contents This small collection contains photographs, and accompanying text blocks displayed in the Newark Human Rights Commission's 25th Anniversary Exhibit, held at the Newark Public Library in 1977. Material consists of photographs of Commission-sponsored events and meetings. Subjects include, Mayor Carlin, Commissioners, group portraits of children and adults, etc.; captions for the photographs; a chronology of the Commission's history; excerpts from "Newark: A City in Transition," a survey...
Identifier: MG Nwk Prince-(Main & Offsite)
Overview This collection consists of the personal records of publisher, writer, promoter, talent scout and Newark city employee Carl Brinson, known as “Tiny Prince”.
- African Americans -- New Jersey -- Newark 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Newark (N.J.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Papers (documents) 2
- Photographs 2
- Civil rights -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Exhibit scripts 1
- Jazz -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Minorities -- Employment -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Newark (N.J.) -- History -- 21st century 1
- Nightlife -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Police Brutality -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Race discrimination -- New Jersey -- Newark 1
- Race relations -- New Jersey -- Newark 1 ∧ less