Skip to main content

Branford Theater Blueprints.

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MG Nwk Branford-(Main)

Scope and Contents

This small collection consists of several blueprints related to the theater. NOTE: Note the blueprints are folded and fragile; consult staff for access.

Dates

  • c. 1920s

Conditions Governing Use

Photocopying of materials is limited and no materials may be photocopied without permission from library staff. Researchers wishing to publish, reproduce, or reprint materials from this collection must obtain permission.

Biographical / Historical

The Branford Theater, built in 1920, designed by architect Fred Wentworth and owned by Warner Brothers, was long one of the top movie theaters in downtown Newark. The Branford had a seating capacity of over 2,800, but its lobby was small and stage facilities were minimal. The theater was demolished in 1985.

Extent

.42 Linear Feet (1 Hollinger box)

Language of Materials

English

Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Charles F. Cummings New Jersey Information Center, Newark Public Library Repository

Contact:
3rd Floor
Newark Public Library
5 Washington St.
Newark NJ 07102 United States
973-733-7775