New Jersey Churches collection
Scope and Contents
Baptist: Cherryville Baptist Church (1849-99); "Minutes of the 30th Annual Meeting of the Morris & Essex Baptist Association of N.J. (1924).
Episcopal: Christ Church, Shrewsbury, N.J.; 125th Anniversary Trinity Episcopal Irvington (1966)
Methodist Episcopal: The Methodist Episcopal Church in Orange, N.J. (Photo, 1930); South Orange M.E. Church (Program of the Epworth League presentation of "Patriotic Ministries," March 14, 1919).
Presbyterian: New Providence Presbyterian Church (Minutes of the trustees, 1829-1879, photocopies); Old First Church, Bloomfield (150th, 1946); First Presbyterian Church, Elizabeth (250th, 1914); First Presbyterian Church, Pennington (Bicentennial, 1909); Old Tenant Church (Brochure, 1922); Church members, marriages and baptism, at Hanover, Morris Co., N.J. during the Pastorate of Rev. Jacob Green, and to the Settlement of Rev. Aaron Condit, 1746-1796; Inscriptions on the Tomb Stones and Monuments in the Grave Yard at Whippany and Hanover, Morris County, N.J., 1894; Guide to the Buildings and Cemetery, The Presbyterian Church, Basking Ridge (1962).
Protestant Episcopal: St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Montclair (Bicentennial communion service, 1976); Grace Church, Nutley (typed report on architectural details, 1920); Protestant Episcopal (100th anniversary of the founding convention of the Diocese of Northern New Jersey, 1974, program); St. James, Upper Montclair; St. John's Church, Elizabeth, N.J. (Annual Sunday school celebration, 1865); Trinity Church, Irvington (historical data).
Reformed: The Brookdale Reformed Church (150th anniversary, 1801-1976, Brookdale Church fire, 1857, report by E.L. Cooms).
Misc.: Bethel A.M.E. Church (Souvenir booklet, 1954); "A Brief Account of the Religious, Educational, and Benevolent Activities of the Pillar of Fire Movement" (Alma White College and National Headquarters, Zarephath, N.J.); The Dutch Church at Schraalenburgh, N.J.; The Felican Sisters of the Immaculate Conception Province, Lodi, N.J. (1974); ; Institute of Social Relations (Office of Social Development, Archdiocese of Newark); St. Mary's Church, Jersey City, N.J. (1854-1954, Centennial Banquet); 100th anniversary program of Holy Cross Harrison
- 1857 - 1976
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopying of materials is limited and no materials may be photocopied without permission from library staff. Researchers wishing to publish, reproduce, or reprint materials from this collection must obtain permission.
.42 Linear Feet (1 Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
- No finding aid, text from catalog entry
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Charles F. Cummings New Jersey Information Center, Newark Public Library Repository
Newark Public Library
5 Washington St.
Newark NJ 07102 United States