Newark City Hospital Engravings
Scope and Contents
This collection contains 2 brass engravings of Newark City Hospital (ca.1890-1901).
- c. 1890-1901
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopying of materials is limited and no materials may be photocopied without permission from library staff. Researchers wishing to publish, reproduce, or reprint materials from this collection must obtain permission
Biographical / Historical
Newark City Hospital (N.J.) was established in September, 1882 at 116 Fairmount Avenue. During its first year of operation over 1,100 patients were cared for. This was roughly 2% of Newark's population. After its building was torn down in 1901, the Hospital was continued as Martland Medical Center and UMDNJ.
.42 Linear Feet (1 Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Charles F. Cummings New Jersey Information Center, Newark Public Library Repository
Newark Public Library
5 Washington St.
Newark NJ 07102 United States