Newark Artist Files
Identifier: RG 3
The collection consists of clippings, resumes, exhibition announcements, and catalogues. Please refer to https://newarkpubliclibrary.libraryhost.com/repositories/2/resources/75 for general artist files.
- Majority of material found in ca. 1870-present
Conditions Governing Access
Available by appointment only. Photocopying of materials is limited and no materials may be photocopied or photographed without permission from library staff.
Conditions Governing Use
Researchers wishing to publish, reproduce, or reprint materials from this collection must obtain permission.
3 Linear Feet (2 filing cabinet drawers)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
A majority of the material was accumulated when mailed to the library, or when staff found relevant articles in newspapers. A portion was also gathered by staff when attending exhibits. Some items were supplied by the artists or by their descendants.
Compiled by Whit Waterbury; Rev. 7/19/13 by Holly Barszcz; additions 4/19 by Nadine Sergejeff
- Artists -- New Jersey -- Newark
- Artists -- New Jersey -- Newark -- Biography
- Artists -- New Jersey -- Newark -- Exhibitions
- Bell, Enid, 1904-
- Birmelin, Robert, 1933-
- Booker, Chakaia, 1953-
- Borglum, Gutzon, 1867-1941
- Cole, Willie, 1955-
- Crews, Donald
- Gasser, Henry M., 1909-1981
- Hobbie, Lucille
- Konrad, Adolf, 1915-2004
- Lozowick, Louis, 1892-1973
- Pytlak, L. (Leonard), 1910-1998
- Rabin, B. M. (Bernard M.)
- Rist, Luigi, 1888-1959
- Zigrosser, Carl, 1891-1975
- Whit Waterbury, Holly Barszcz;Nadine Sergejeff