Clinton (N.J.) records
Scope and Contents
1 archival box contains School District No.34 Account Book (1872-1895, 1893-1895), Dog Register (1899), Clinton Meadows Ledger Book (1907-1918), Clinton Township and Clinton Annex Taxes (1874-1896), Record Book of School District No. 34 (1872-1894), Naturalization (1898-1900), Register of Voters (1894, 1897).
- 1872 - 1918
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopying of materials is limited and no materials may be photocopied without permission from library staff. Researchers wishing to publish, reproduce, or reprint materials from this collection must obtain permission.
Biographical / Historical
Clinton is a Town in Hunterdon County (N.J.) on the South Branch of the Raritan River. When the Clinton post office was established in 1829, the town was named for DeWitt Clinton, Governor of New York and the primary impetus behind the then-newly completed Erie Canal. Clinton was incorporated as a town by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on April 5, 1865, within portions of Clinton, Franklin and Union Townships. Clinton gained full independence from its three parent townships in 1895.
.42 Linear Feet (1 Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
- No finding aid, text from catalog entry
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Charles F. Cummings New Jersey Information Center, Newark Public Library Repository
Newark Public Library
5 Washington St.
Newark NJ 07102 United States