Belleville (N.J.) collection
Scope and Contents
1 archival box contains correspondence (1974-75), calendar (1989), photocopies of a manuscript titled as "Belleville Today," and a booklet titled as "Interesting Review of Belleville."
- 1974 - 1989
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopying of materials is limited and no materials may be photocopied without permission from library staff. Researchers wishing to publish, reproduce, or reprint materials from this collection must obtain permission.
Biographical / Historical
Belleville, a Township in Essex County (N.J.) was originally incorporated as a township by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on April 8, 1839, from portions of Bloomfield. Portions of the township were taken to create Woodside Township (March 24, 1869, now defunct) and Franklin Township (February 18, 1874, now known as Nutley). The independent municipality of Belleville city was created within the township on March 27, 1874, and was dissolved on February 22, 1876. On November 16, 1910, Belleville was reincorporated as a town, based on the results of a referendum held eight days earlier. Belleville adopted its current township form of government in 1981.
.42 Linear Feet (1 Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
- No finding aid, text from catalog
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Charles F. Cummings New Jersey Information Center, Newark Public Library Repository
Newark Public Library
5 Washington St.
Newark NJ 07102 United States