UMDNJ (University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) collection
Scope and Contents
Organized in 2 Hollinger boxes: Box #1. Photocopy of stenographic transcripts of Public Hearing RE: Medical Center Urban Renewal Project Area, also known as the Blight Hearings. Book Nos. 1, 2 & 3 (1967). Box #2. RE: Medical Center Urban Renewal Project Area, Blight Hearings. Book Nos. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 (1967). Misc. file includes "A Preview into the Political and Financial History of the College of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey at Newark" (1991), correspondence, fliers and booklets relating to lead poisoning, pamphlet (Dedication Ceremony, 1979), flier of symposium at Newark Public Library on Medical School's 50th anniversary (2018), etc. Also plan for medical school first stage and future (Newark News file, dated May 21, 1967)
- 1967 - 2018
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopying of materials is limited and no materials may be photocopied without permission from library staff. Researchers wishing to publish, reproduce, or reprint materials from this collection must obtain permission.
.83 Linear Feet (2 Hollinger boxes)
Language of Materials
- Education -- New Jersey -- Newark
- Fliers (printed matter)
- Hospitals -- New Jersey -- Newark
- Letters (correspondence)
- Newark (N.J.) -- History -- 20th century
- Universities and colleges -- New Jersey -- Newark
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Urban renewal -- New Jersey -- Newark
- No finding aid, text from catalog and nap.rutgers.edu (Newark Archives Project).
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Charles F. Cummings New Jersey Information Center, Newark Public Library Repository
Newark Public Library
5 Washington St.
Newark NJ 07102 United States